Datascience Director - Leading Media Agency
- Location: London
- Salary: £65,000 - £75,000
- Job Type: Permanent
Datascience Director - Leading Media Agency - £65,000 - £75,000
One of the world’s largest Digital Marketing Agency with offices around the globe. This agency help client’s use data from search engine marketing (SEM) and other digital platforms to turn critical audience insights into action and move their clients business forward. Digital Marketing services include Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Display/Behavioural Targeting, Social Advertising, Mobile Marketing and more.
Clients such as Nike, Apple & Easyjet, turn to the agency for superior account management, deep insights, flawless execution and continual management of their search marketing campaigns.
As well as directly managing local market digital campaigns out of London, the International team is also tasked with ensuring client objectives and digital best practices are followed and developed across the network in EMEA.
They are passionate about hiring and developing the best talent in market and using the best digital marketing management practices. This feeds their drive to deliver winning results for clients.
We have a new and exciting role for an experienced Insights and Data Analytics Director. The successful candidate will contribute in shaping a truly unique account through the creation of data-orientated insights in a fun, challenging and engaging way.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the Datascience team in the agency.
- Commercially savvy, with responsibility for delivering Datascience commercial targets in the agency.
- Contemporary approach to data analytics with an emphasis on all things digital.
- Open minded and curious, with an ability to derive innovative solutions for clients by applying creative thinking to analytical problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - able to tell stories with data, and effectively articulate the commercial value of Datascience work to Clients and Agency teams.
- Develop strong relationships across senior agency contacts and clients, acting as the agency expert regarding Data Strategy, Data management and Analytics.
- A collaborative approach - working closely with Evidence (and the SBUs within) to help develop the Evidence offering, identifying additional potential Datascience revenue streams in the process.
- Contribute to new business pitches, producing documents and presenting as required.
- Contribute to the development of Datascience business strategy as part of the Datascience SLT.
- Be able to translate all data and analytical outcomes to a real world application.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, pro-active, and able to plan and delegate.
- Support and occasionally deputise the Group Head of Datascience if required.
- Fully conversant with digital media and able to think across the whole media mix (including knowledge of how media channels are planned, bought, and evaluated).
- Team management experience.
- Experience of digital attribution modelling.
- Exposure to complex cookie level data and RTB.
- Good understanding of digital tracking technologies (e.g. ad servers, TMSs, DMPs).
- Experienced in a wide range of statistical techniques including Regression, Cluster Analysis, Segmentation, SEM, PCA, Discriminant Analysis, Conjoint Analysis, and Statistical Testing.
- Minimum 2+ years of R and/or SAS (v 9.3, Base, Stats, Macro).
- Experience in site analytics packages such as GA, Adobe, WebTrends, IBM.
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems, and approaches to location planning/geographical analysis (preferably within Micromarketer G3).
- Experience of using and applying geo-demographic segmentations (e.g. Mosaic, FSS, Acorn).
- Excel with VBA.
- Experience with data visualisation packages (ideally including Tableau).
- Understanding of Data Privacy laws.
Where do I apply?
You can apply for this role now by sending your CV to Jamie Cox at Sphere Digital Recruitment or by calling us now. We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.