Head of Search (SEO & PPC) - Independent Boutique Agency
- Location: London
- Salary: £50k - £60k plus bonus & benefits
- Job Type: Permanent
Salary is £50K – £60K + bonus & benefits
Head of Search – Independent Boutique Agency
This is an independent award-winning, London-based digital marketing agency that integrates technology, strategy and creativity to produce great online media & advertising campaigns. Since being founded in 2003 they have grown 26% every year & some of their biggest clients have been them for 6+ years!
Being a traditional creative/design agency in the last two years they have expanded the search & media team:
- In July 2012 it was a team of three.
- By January 2014 it had grown to a team of 9
- The team will continue to grow if current pipeline converts at historical run rate
As the team has grown so has the number of clients they service:
- In July 2012 they had three search clients.
- By May 2014 they had 14 clients.
- Monthly fees from search have grown 200% in the last 12 months, making search the most profitable team in the whole agency.
- Google recognises them as one of their fastest growing agencies in 2013, and awarded them Partner status which is a big deal for a small agency like this.
- Additionally they have a huge new business pipeline which is constantly being worked through with new business opportunities every month.
Rather than having siloed teams, they encourage cross-team collaboration as much as possible so that different people get to work with different people and on new, interesting projects. Main areas they cover at the moment are PPC, SEO & Social.
They’ve grown the team by hiring great people and getting great results for their clients. As well as one of the highest profit making, the team is the fastest growing in the agency. The Directors recognise the growth and will continue to invest in the team.
The Head of Search (PPC&SEO) is responsible for running of the team and leading the continued growth. You will manage your own P&L and have full responsibility in the management, growth and direction of the team. Specifically this will involve:
- Growth of revenue through new business generation
- Growing revenue and relationships across key accounts
- Team Management
- Defining the Product & Services offering of the department
- Knowledgeable in both PPC, SEO, content marketing, social media advertising
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial and ready to throw yourself into a role where you will essentially be running your own search business within a multi-disciplined agency
- Willing to get stuck in to all aspects of the role - client management, people management, and not be afraid to muck in and get your hands dirty by helping out on accounts from time to time
- Interested in working on developing new business opportunities
- Loves spending time working with individuals - coaching, encouraging, developing, praising, giving feedback
- Loves being in front of clients, is comfortable talking to them about their business, and helps to grow your investment in the agency
- Willing to get involved in other collaborative / integrated projects across the agency (we’re a full service digital agency offering web design, build, hosting, social, search, project management as well as selling their own email and extranet products so there will be multiple cross sell opportunities here)
- Calm, collected and above all, fun to work with!!
Where do I apply?
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Gemma McGeary - [email protected]
Head of Media & Marketing Agencies
0203 728 2975/07860 776095
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can learn more about me by looking me up on LinkedIn. Search for Gemma McGeary.