5 months ago
Business Development Manager – competitive package - Venatus Media – leading entertainment and gaming sales house is looking for someone to join their Business Development team working with major publishers.
Venatus is Europe’s leading entertainment ad sales house. Founded in 2010, they exclusively represent the direct and programmatic ad sales for Rovio, EA, Rolling Stones and many other gaming, entertainment and lifestyle sites. Venatus is committed to creating meaningful connections between publishers, advertisers and audiences through a combination of market innovation, data insight and high-quality service working across display, mobile, rich media and video.
We are expanding our team and looking for a Business Development Manager to help us drive new publisher partnerships in emerging sectors. Venatus have strength in the gaming sector and are looking to focus on markets such as entertainment, sport, film and music. We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated Business Development manager who is comfortable covering the technical side of a partnerships, can negotiate financial terms as well a closing a deal.
In this role you will leverage your own network and connections in the publisher space as well as leaning on Publisher Research Executive within Venatus.
Reporting in to the Head of New Business and working alongside an existing Business Development Manager and Publisher Relationships Manager we are looking for an adaptable, sales focused team member with an unquenchable desire to bring on new business.
- build strategic relationships with key decision makers at publishers within the market sectors assigned to you.
- Build out a strategic pipeline of prospective partners and actively pursue opportunities to promote and sell in the Venatus platform.
- Handle all renewal contracts for existing and new publishers within your designated sector.
- Converting leads in to calls and direct face to face pitches with prospective publishers.
- Evangelize the Venatus offering and communicate the benefits of our direct, programmatic and header bidder sales solution.
- 3 Years + of business development experience in digital advertising, publisher acquisition or tech sales.
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and an established network of contacts amongst Programmatic buyers (Trading Desks), Agencies and Advertisers
- Good awareness and knowledge of the wider gaming/advertising landscape
- Proven solution selling skills and sales track record.
- Must have a self-starter, entrepreneurial mentality
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong affinity to the online industry and advertising business models
- Passion and enthusiasm for your role
- Open and flexible attitude towards taking on new work load