City of London, London
£400 - £440 per day
6 days ago
Contract - Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer - 6 months with view to extend - Competitive Day Rate
My client is an integrated media communications agency. They are specialists in communications planning, media buying, digital futures, creative content, insights, strategy, social media, sponsorship, mobile and events. The team is complete with multi-disciplinary experts who deliver creative, expanding the agencies' expertise in developing and executing brilliant insight led ideas in digital platforms. They provide creative development, content / social strategy and analytics, content expertise, influencer activation and creative delivery to some of the world's best-known brands.
They are seeking a machine learning expert to complete the primary end-to-end development and implementation of the solution to a complex propensity based machine learning problem for a tourism client heavily invested in martech. The successful candidate will develop the necessary processes to solve the multi-faceted key challenge, using out-of-the-box solutions where possible, but if necessary leaning on academic or commercial experience of designing custom ML algorithms.
- Development of the core ML propensity algorithm(s)
- Implementation of the above into marketing orchestration environments (DMP / dashboards)
- Providing recommendations for ongoing model maintenance
- Ongoing verification of the model outputs, and recommendation of adjustments to strategy
- Liaising with client support teams to democratise output into reporting solutions
- Documenting and publishing any new algorithmic development
- Ensuring internal data scientists are familiar with algorithms developed
- Exceptional Python skills, 3+ years academic + commercial
- Confident data engineering skills, ideally within GCP / BigQuery
- 3+ years commercial ML experience, ideally at scale (5-8+ without PhD)
- Prior use and knowledge of lambda functions (AWS) or cloud functions (GCP)
- PhD in AI / ML / statistics / CS with an algorithmic development component, or equivalent experience doing so commercially
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop relationships across markets and agencies ensuring cooperative and collaborative spirit
- Strong trouble shooting skills to enable quick identification of the source of issues
- Ability to confidently convey complex and technical specifications and capabilities to a varied audience.
- Academic or commercial experience developing ML solutions with high dimensional and/or temporal data
- Exposure to some elements of digital marketing including DMPs, DSPs, ad servers, CRM platforms, programmatic media and tag management platforms
- Exposure to dashboarding solutions
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now! Don't forget to register as a candidate too!
Gabriella Morrey- Jones
Senior Contract Consultant
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile here
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox