£450 - £550 per day
3 months ago
Contract - Lead Data Scientist - 2 months with extension potential - Competitive Day Rate
A global digital agency that combines marketing services, technology services and consulting to deliver best-in-class digital experiences. With more than 10,000 staff across 60 markets, they get to work together with Data Analysts, Strategists, User Experience experts and Business Consultants working across the likes of some of the worlds biggest brands.
My client is looking for a Lead Data Scientist who will help them to drive their Data Science capability forward. This is a hands-on technical role so you will need advanced understanding of machine learning solutions and deep learning techniques. You will be proven in productionising large scale solutions for your past clients. Communication and interpersonal skills are important, as is the need for an inquisitive mind and the ambition to succeed and drive new ideas forward.
- Lead the Data Science team managing 2 direct reports.
- Manage and deliver client data science projects in a hands on fashion
- Be the Subject Matter Expert all things data science - support existing clients and agency wide business development pitches
- Continue development of existing data science tools across the agency whilst developing and pitching new ideas
- Represent the UK and engage in the global data science network
- Sustain a learning culture within the team - Inspire and champion data science to the wider analytics team
- Present to clients, attending client meetings, sometimes at client locations
- Degree in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Strong Applied Machine Learning Experience productionising end-to-end using GCP/AWS machine learning.
- Strong experience in traditional machine learning techniques such as supervised learning, clustering and forecasting techniques
- Experience required In NLP & Computer Vision (a lot of the work they do is content based)
- Object recognition, identification, detection, segmentation (Meanshift, sampling, filtering, global optimisation, edge detection)
- Language models (Probabilistic/generative), NER, POS, lexical semantics, topic extraction, Text-to-speech, emotion extraction)
- Production level Python
- Using cloud services to scale and productionise solutions (GoogleCloud preferred but also AWS/Azure useful)
- Webscraping experience desirable (Scrapy)
- Visualisation experience desirable (D3)
- Version Control - Git
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Gabriella Morrey- Jones
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile here
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.