£70000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits
25 days ago
Creative Lead Designer
London - zone 1
£70-85k depending on experience
A brilliant Fin Tech brand is looking to hire a creative lead designer to help lead their branding and advertising design function. Design at this client is made up of Creative and Product Design. This role sits within The Creative Design team and these people work on a large variety of principles from print and illustration through to 3D and motion design. The team is proud to be the in house team that functions as a mini agency within the business while benefiting from in-depth industry knowledge and having the freedom to push creativity in an exciting new tech sector. The business have just secured more funding to take their creative assets to the next level!
To do a brilliant job in this role, you will want a job that is 50% hands on creative and 50% leading, growing and scaling a team…. The tea is currently 3 people, with plans to get to 8 within the next year.
You will have the following skills:
- Exceptional senior level hands-on creative ability.
- Expert creative design skills
- Experience shaping brands
- Experience with design practices across both structure-oriented (creating and implementing design systems, branding, templates, brochures, etc…) and surface-oriented (using design theories such as colour and typography to push the boundaries of the brand).
- Experience helping to schedule, prioritise and complete projects requests from the business on time and to brief
- Experience working with key stakeholders in marketing, content, sales etc.
- Experience with applying best practices to ensure designs are on-brand and executed to a high standard.
- Experience line managing designers with proactive leadership.
- Experience interviewing and hiring designers of all levels.
- Self-starter who loves to collaborate with designers, engineers, data, product managers and other teams.
- As a Design lead / Creative Design Manager you will report into the Design Director and will set the vision and direction of the Creative Design team.
- Help guide, manage and lead your team
- You'll be hand on and involved with design work where needed and have the ability to execute to a high level.
- Lead on hiring, training and performance reviews.
- You'll help prioritise and allocate jobs for the team, ensuring projects are correctly cast.
- You'll design the creative strategy with the Head of Design and be comfortable selling in ideas to C-Level.
- You'll work with designers to build out the clients brand
- Communicate the excellent work and thinking of your designers with both internal and external communications.
- You'll build relationships with external services such as photographers, illustrators and printers to ensure our output is eye-catching and innovative.
- If you are interested in applying and hearing more about this role please contact me on:
- Rebecca (Bex) Hudson
- 0203 763 9752 //
- Follow me on Twitter on @rah10is
- We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can learn more about me by looking me up on our website: https://www.spherelondon.co.uk/consultants/bex-hudson
Sphere Digital Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox