£80,000 - £90,000
13 days ago
Our Client are a leading media owner publisher based in Central London. It’s an exciting time for them as they are transforming their iconic brand into a digital, transactional business and thus are seeking an experience Data Engineer to help develop and maintain data warehouses and high-performance databases for various stakeholders. You will define best practices for data storage and access
throughout the company and build tools to enforce these practices.
- Develop and maintain data systems and processes for business stakeholders
- Contribute to architectural decisions around data platforms and systems
- Help define a culture of data collection, integrity, and how to gain insight
- Think like an entrepreneur and own your work, be responsible for your systems
- Engage in technical discussions and present solution to product challenges
- Solve data problems across the organization
- You will have been designing and influencing decision around data architecture
- Have experience in Big Data, writing code and programming in either Python or Scala
- Comfortable provisioning, configuring and optimizing multiply database systems including MySQL, PostreSQL
- Have experience with best practices in data warehousing with deep understanding of warehouse architecture
- Able to develop databases tools using Python
- Experience working with cloud computing services like AWS
- Be able to read and reach how to use query plans to improve performance
- Can explain when to normalize, denormalize, add indices, and how to optimize queries
- Can write self-service tools for internal users to manipulate data
You can apply for this role by sending us your CV or by calling us NOW!
0203 869 2041 // [email protected]
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Get the latest jobs straight to your inbox