£80,000 - £90,000
3 months ago
Our Client are a leading media owner publisher based in Central London. It’s an exciting time for them as they are transforming their iconic brand into a digital, transactional business and thus are seeking an experience Data Engineer to help develop and maintain data warehouses and high-performance databases for various stakeholders. You will define best practices for data storage and access
throughout the company and build tools to enforce these practices.
- Develop and maintain data systems and processes for business stakeholders
- Contribute to architectural decisions around data platforms and systems
- Help define a culture of data collection, integrity, and how to gain insight
- Think like an entrepreneur and own your work, be responsible for your systems
- Engage in technical discussions and present solution to product challenges
- Solve data problems across the organization
- You will have been designing and influencing decision around data architecture
- Have experience in Big Data, writing code and programming in either Python or Scala
- Comfortable provisioning, configuring and optimizing multiply database systems including MySQL, PostreSQL
- Have experience with best practices in data warehousing with deep understanding of warehouse architecture
- Able to develop databases tools using Python
- Experience working with cloud computing services like AWS
- Be able to read and reach how to use query plans to improve performance
- Can explain when to normalize, denormalize, add indices, and how to optimize queries
- Can write self-service tools for internal users to manipulate data
You can apply for this role by sending us your CV or by calling us NOW!
0203 869 2041 // [email protected]
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.