4 months ago
A dynamic, results driven charity that wants to change the national conversation about
skills and young people. They are part of a global movement working with young people right across the world. In the UK, they are entering an exciting new phase in their development and have ambitious plans for the future. They work with over 100,000 young people a year with the ambition to grow this to 1,000,000 by 2022.
They need to become a data rich and data savvy organisation to help develop their value and credibility through data analysis and insights.
The purpose of this role is to take ownership and drive the development of data management. This will involve creating and implementing a strategy relating to better use of existing data held, plus identifying data they need to be collecting and exploiting in the future to substantiate their impact.
- Contribute to successful delivery of their strategic priorities and annual business objectives.
- Take the lead role in understanding the value of the data they currently hold, what data they need to be collecting and how they can make better use of it all, for organisational development and to create
- commercial opportunities.
- Collaborate across the organisation to leverage data sources for insights and impact reporting.
Understand the system requirements of their national competition cycle in order to scope, cost and source a suitable supplier to build and manage a system for these needs. This will include:
- Competitor online registration
- Online marking system
- FTP functionality/ File storage
- Online tests
- Forum functionality for training managers
- Reporting facility
- Research, scope and implement a CRM system which meets the current needs of the organisation. Work with Marketing and Commercial Development teams to ensure the solution willbe fit for purpose and have buy in from all parties.
- Take a lead role internally (with support from an external supplier) to project manage the actions
- required to ensure the organisations activities are GDPR compliant, and to lead on all areas of
- data governance.
- Take ownership of projects within the operations team ensuring all deviations from targets (time,
- money, people, etc.) are identified and addressed at the earliest possible stage.
- Produce requirement specifications in line with companies procurement strategies for all outsourced activity.
- Maintain their established management policies for dealing with risks and issues for the operations team and the wider organisation.
- Effectively co-ordinate resources (including agencies, suppliers, contractors) so that all project
- elements are delivered to acceptable standards on time, to budget and meet the required
- Manage activities/tasks in accordance with the agreed project plan to ensure delivery on time and
- to budget.
- Recruit, manage, support and motivate allocated staff to successfully deliver activities/tasks.
- Other duties and/or projects as may reasonably be requested by the Director of Operations acknowledging experience, education and ability.
Key: [E] Essential / [D] Desirable
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of implementing new digital systems within an organisation [E]
- Experience of analysing data [E]
- Experience of roll out or use of different CRM systems [D]
- An understanding and appreciation of systems architecture [D]
- GDPR practitioner [D]
Knowledge and skills
- A good communicator who can understand the needs of the organisation and create briefs for
- external suppliers [E]
- A technology leader who understands the relationship between technology, the business and
- the end customers [D]
- Knowledge and understanding of data protection and the associated laws and regulations [D]
- Very reliable and with a high level of probity. [E]
- Able to work to own initiative with broad direction. [E]
- Able to think creatively and solve problems. [E]
- Possess a strong work ethic and desire to achieve results [E]
- Flexible in working methods and ideas. [E]
- Excellent team player and collaborative approach to work. [E]
- Enthusiastic and able to motivate others. [E]
- Prepared to occasionally work outside of normal hours. [E]
- Prepared to travel within the United Kingdom and occasionally internationally. [D]
- Able to spend an occasional night away from home. [D]
You can apply for this role now by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Gabriella Morrey- Jones – Contract Data and Analytics Consultant
0203 869 2050 // [email protected]