12 months ago
A brilliant business sat in the automotive industry is looking to hire a Product Manager to assist the on a brand new program of work. This business will be designing a global digital platform that will revolutionise automotive retail, bringing their offline and online capabilities inline.
This platform will enable visibility and control over this businesses retail channel for the first time with the view of remove inefficiencies and increase margins. In addition they will have visibility and influence over consumer behaviour throughout the buying cycle.
Deep data insights will enable this business to better target consumers for automotive and other services, beyond a single simple sale. This role gives a talented Product Manager a brilliant opportunity to drive a ground-breaking business model in automotive.
Reporting directly to Managing Director, the Head of Product will act as the focal point for all decisions on product direction for this client and be focused on customer interaction, conversion and delivery day to day. The Head of Product will start by defining the roadmap, and then oversee its development, deployment and implementation, working closely with the wider project team.
As part of the core project team the Head of Product will be responsible for the following main work streams:
- Facilitate key discussions with stakeholders to extract critical business requirements and the present back a product roadmap
- Develop business cases, product specifications and design materials for all features making sure they satisfy customer needs
- Communicate complex topics including technical specifications – you must have a very solid technical understanding.
- Create a complete product solution to meet project goals as well as longer term needs
- Working closely with wider technology team to develop workable technical designs and then provide product ownership through to delivery.
- Managing the whole customer experience alongside the MD. This includes the design, look and feel, content uploaded and functionality
- Integrate the vision for how the website and mobile products integrate to maximise conversions, help with performance marketing with the view of having excellent customer satisfaction
- Based on the prescribed product, provide project plans, estimates and scope input for approval and statements of work
- Understand or develop knowledge of the wider automotive industry
- Provide leadership to the project team in the early phases of development
To be successful in this role you must have the following skills and experiences:
- Able to operate in a multi-faceted role often consisting of elements of Product Strategy, Project Management, Business Analysis and workshop facilitation.
- Able to work with large multi-national brands as well as with smaller enterprises to determine the best solutions
- You will have worked for heavily consumer focused business with both B2B and B2C experience
- Able to deliver projects in a truly agile way, with the flexibility to understand and incorporate waterfall techniques where and when necessary
- Understands the drivers of success in a multi-channel business, having either owned a P&L or been part of a management team responsible for the financial success of products and/or channels
- Is sufficiently technical to be able to debate delivery options with IT / technologists, balancing product needs with deliverability and risk
- Can work across multiple projects providing the relevant input where needed to ensure developments are delivered on time and to budget and that the team is able to prioritise and oversee a portfolio of parallel and sometimes competing sub-projects
- Has a high level of emotional intelligence and integrity
- You must constantly exhibit strong teamwork to jointly deliver business results
- Has experience of project or programme management
- Is comfortable working in a high growth early stage business where budgets are tight and pace and adaptability are critical
- Able to operate confidently and propose appropriate solutions in ambiguous / early stage situations
- Able to estimate individual user stories / tasks to a high degree of certainty
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate both orally and via documents and other deliverables
- Able to create and deliver compelling presentations
If you are interested in applying and hearing more about this role please contact me on:
Rebecca (Bex) Hudson
0203 763 9752 // [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter on @rah10is
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my current vacancies by looking at my profile here