£250-300 a day
6 months ago
A global specialist data and technology business are on the hunt for a contract project manager. This business has a portfolio of phenomenal client brands and a trophy cabinet full of top industry awards
A contract project manager is required for a minimum of 6 months to report into the global programme manager and have day-to-day responsibility for the smooth and effective running a large global client account. The Project Manager should have great skills in effective project leadership and an understanding of project initiation, project tracking and reporting,. The Project Manager will also have a brilliant understanding and appreciation of risk and issue analysis and quality assurance. The Project manager will be a guru in terms of PM processes, ideally prince 2 certified, and the ability to adapt those principles according to a flexible project environment.
The initiatives to be delivered are not technical or software development related, so the Project Manager doesn’t need to be too technical. This project management role is more about managing delivery, process, client relationships.
Key responsibilities for the Project Manager:
Managing and delivering projects
- Manage and deliver work streams for a wide number of initiatives, including business intelligence dashboard visualisation projects as well as data and technology implementations.
- Help to define project scope, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects.
- Be the central hub of internal and external communication for the project
- Be used to communicating with internal teams, senior stakeholders, and clients.
- Produce realistic timings with clearly flagged milestones and ensure they are adhered to
- Assign and track issues when appropriate.
- At the start of a project, analyse the areas that could potentially throw the delivery off track, log risks create a mitigation plan and actively mitigate against them.
- Be on top of projects and clearly update the Programme Director on progress and status.
- Assess the time impact of changes and communicate as appropriate.
- Push back when scope creeps whilst understanding some flexibility is often required.
- Ensure that all documentation, costings, briefs, scopes and presentations are of the highest possible standard.
- Be positive and a force for good in the team – even when faced with difficult problems. Be solutions focussed.
- Remain calm and stable under pressure.
- Know when to delegate upwards and raise the alarm at the right time, to the right people when issues occur.
- Be prepared to muck in on areas outside of your immediate team. This means sharing resource, helping on other projects, taking part in pitches or managing internal initiatives.
- 2+ years experience managing projects, ideally in the media, ecom or client brand industry.
- Prince2 or equivalent project management qualification
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with outsourced and/or off-shore development teams
- Experience contributing to technology solutions/applications in a media environment
- Some management skills
- Experience with SQL DB technologies, Tableau or other business intelligence tools would be incredible useful.
If this sounds like you and you are immediately available and happy to commit to a brilliant project for the next 6 months, we’d love to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying and hearing more about this role please send me your CV urgently for immediate review.
Rebecca (Bex) Hudson
0203 763 9752 // [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter on @rah10is
Sphere Digital Recruitment currently have a variety of job opportunities across digital so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you. You can see more of my jobs by looking at my profile here